The Kirksville Area Chamber of Commerce promotes your business in the following ways:
- Referral: Referral of Chamber member businesses to callers, visitors and newcombers
- Chamber Directory: Your business listed in our online directory
- Display: Display your business cards and promotional pieces in the Chamber office lobby, located new downtown and the campuses of both Truman State University and A. T. Still University.
- Sponsorship: The Chamber hosts a number of events every year with a chance for your business to showcase your company or products.
- Exposure: The Chamber supports your business successes and encourages you to share them with our membership. Newsworthy items and fundraising events can be shared on our social media sites. For a fee of $10 we'll run your event or promotion for two weeks in our electronic newsletter. You might consider a flyer insert in our paper newsletter, still a bargain at $50.
- Community Calendar: Our robust Community Calendar is a great way to let others know about your upcoming events.
- Facebook Page: Use the Chamber Facebook page to increase your reach. Chamber staff periodically post about our members, but we are happy to share items you send us electronically.
The Chamber recommends committee involvement as a way to take an active role in the community while getting acquainted with the Chamber and other area business leaders. Choose from the following standing committees, or help with an event planning committee:
- Governmental Affairs
- Economic & Community Development
One of the best ways to grow your business is to connect with other businesses socially. Chamber Business After Hours is a great way to meet other business leaders and build relationships. Interested in sponsoring a Business After Hours event, just give us a call at 660-665-3766 so we can discuss your ideas and availability.
The Chamber of Commerce continues to be a trusted source for local business information, demographics, business contacts and community connections. The Chamber is a great source of information for our members, as well as for visitors and area residents. The Kirksville Area Chamber of Commerce distributes hundreds of membership directories, event calendars, phone books, and local city/county maps annually, providing information about our community to all who ask. Items available at our office include:
- Kirksville/Adair County maps
- Missouri and other state maps
- Travel guides for popular Missouri destinations as well as Chicago
- 8 County Hunting & Fishing guide
- Chamber Directory/Profile
- List of Chamber member restaurants
- List of area service clubs and organizations
- List of caterers
- List of event venues & meeting spaces
- Business cards of local chamber members
- Flyers on current events
Membership and involvement in the Kirksville Area Chamber of Commerce will bring many great things to your organization, including fun and entertainment. Serving on a committee or planning an event is not only a way to network, but also a way to socialize and enjoy the other people involved in this organization. Monthly mixers, golf and trivia tournaments, and various other activities are an outlet for your creativity and an avenue for community service. But most of all, you’ll have fun in the Chamber!