The purpose of the Kirksville Leadership Institute is to build strong, competent leadership for the Kirksville area, motivate emerging and existing leaders, and develop each participant’s potential for community leadership and decision-making by exposing them to the realities, opportunities, and challenges in our community.
The Kirksville Leadership Institute is comprised of a series of full day seminars which provide information and discussion opportunities on a variety of issues facing our community. These programs include presentations about government, healthcare and related issues, economic development, education, social services, the arts, and industry, among others. Each program will provide time for interaction between class participants and guest speakers. The class runs from February to October.
The goals of the Kirksville Leadership Institute are:
- to develop a renewed sense of enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude in the Kirksville area;
- to identify and select highly motivated emerging or existing leaders in business, government and charitable organizations to participate in the program;
- to systematically inform and challenge the participants as to the needs and opportunities of the Kirksville area and the dynamics of social and economic growth;
- to create dialogue, trust, and rapport between participants in the Kirksville area;
- to stimulate within the participants, using the teamwork approach, an increased level of commitment and participation in Kirksville;
- to develop an alumni association for graduates to continue their commitment to participation in leadership roles and education about Kirksville.
If you or one of your employees are interested in participating in the next KLI Class please contact the Kirksville Area Chamber of Commerce at (660) 665-3766 or please complete the online application form.