Outdoor enthusiast, artist, craftsperson, hunter, photographer, writer, hiker, golfer, biker, runner, water skier – whatever your interests, Kirksville is for you. Kirksville boasts several public parks, including the Kiwanis all inclusive Playground, a dog park, a 30-acre eight field baseball/softball complex, and an Aquatic Center.
HAzel creek lake & big creek state forest
- Area lakes, rivers and forests
- Public hunting and fishing
- Thousands of acres of public and private hunting grounds
- “Click here to view the interactive Hunting & Fishing Guide for Northeast Missouri”.
- Truman State University’s Kohlenberg Lyceum Series bring world-renowned performances to Kirksville
- The university offers plays, concerts and recitals, and debates which are all open to the public.
- The Red Barn Arts and Crafts Festival in the fall draws national artisans , and includes entertainment, children’s activities and dance revues.
- Art showings
- Summer concerts
- Music festivals
- Poetry readings
northeast missouri fair
- Week-long event held in July
- 4-H and FFA exhibits
- Commercial exhibits
- Food vendors
- Nationally known country music acts
- Camping facilities are also available.
the aquatic center in rotary park
The Aquatic Center as well as Rotary Park will be closed at the end of June 2019 until further notice to make renovations.
adair county ymca
- Variety of programs ranging from soccer to water aerobics, basketball to wallyball and weight lifting to a competitive youth swim team